Evidence Based Birth® Childbirth Class
Looking for a childbirth class option that will leave you feeling empowered, prepared, and like you understand all of your birthing options? Sign up for classes below!
Current class dates are listed below!
Class 2 Option: Wednesday Evenings, March 29th, April 5th, 12th, 19th, 26th, and May 3rd 6-8 pm on 1st and last class, and 7-8 pm on in between classes, all via Zoom and EST Time Zone.
Register for either class by clicking below! Need a payment plan? Email me at email@example.com.
Take a look below at what’s all included as part of your instruction!
Learn comfort measures for your birth
Navigate the system
Learn about informed consent and advocacy
Evidence Based Birth® Childbirth Class: 2023 Sessions
Are you searching for a childbirth class that gives you the option to learn online, and also gives the support and encouragement from a trained and educated instructor?
When you take the Evidence Based Birth® Childbirth Class, you receive:
- The complete 6-class Evidence Based Birth® Childbirth class series (Zoom OR in-person for a total of 8 hours)
- 3 months exclusive access to the Evidence Based Birth® Parent Website
- Spiral-bound copy of the EBB® Childbirth Class workbook (mailed to your home)
- Mentorship from Dr. Jodi, experienced EBB Instructor, researcher, doula and professor
- Five weeks of online videos for you and your partner to watch together
- Text access to Dr. Jodi for 3 months
- BONUS: Review and suggestions for your birth plan
These are the topics we’ll cover that will help you and your birth partner prepare for birth!
- How your Partner can be your Advocate
- Evidence Based Care
- Overcoming Fears and Anxieties
- Comfort Measures
- Stages of Labor
- Navigating the Healthcare System
- Providers (Models of Care)
- Communicating with Hospital Staff
- Know your Rights
- Pain Coping Tools (Pain Relief)
- Labor Rehearsal
- Postpartum Discussion
- Newborn Procedures
- Baby Care
Current Class Format: Virtual by Zoom in Eastern Time Zone.
Class Dates for this series:
- First Orientation Zoom: Our first class will be 2 hours talking through orientation and getting set up for your online weekly learning.
- Zoom Calls Weeks 2-5: These calls will be 1 hour each and will be a discussion of that week’s online learning material as well as how practice is going.
- Final Comfort Measures Rehearsal Zoom – Our final Class will be 2 hours in length. This call will include a practical walk through of birth and discussion of postpartum and newborn care.
Class Dates for this series:
- Wednesday, March 29nd: 6 – 8 pm EST: First Zoom Call: Orientation (EBB® orientation videos completed prior to class)
- Wednesday, April 5th, 12th, 19th, 26th: 7 – 8 pm EST: Zoom calls 2-5 (EBB® weeks 2-5 videos completed prior to each class)
- Wednesday, May 3rd: 6 – 8 pm EST: Final Zoom Call Comfort Measures Rehearsal (EBB® weeks 3-4 videos completed prior to class)
Tickets & Pricing
Spots in each class are limited (6 couples per class; 1 auditor per class), do not wait to register!
Refund Policy: Your payment reserves a spot in the class and is non-refundable, but tickets are transferable with adequate notice and approval from Jodi Cunningham.
I am a birth professional (doula, childbirth educator, physician, etc) who wants to audit your Childbirth Class: Great! Limited seats may be available for audit, fee applies. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire.
Do you offer other payment options or plans? Yes! Prefer to pay with cash, check, or would like a payment plan? Email me at: email@example.com Pending availability of seats.
Looking for a private and more tailored class?: Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss availability.
I have a Doula/additional Support Person and would like her to be part of my class: Our last class is a Labor Rehearsal Class. 1 additional support person can be brought as a guest to this class, in addition to your partner!
Class may need to get rescheduled in the event of me attending a birth or a personal emergency or matter. If this is the case, a makeup class will be scheduled for the Thursday of that week from 6-8 pm EST.
Jodi was an incredible doula and educator as we prepared for the birth of our first baby. Jodi got to know me and my husband while we took her Evidence Based Birth class via zoom and through several in-person meetings. Jodi took the time to get to know us and helped me build out a birth plan based on my preferences – and she was able to help address all the questions I had about childbirth and provide useful guidance about options. Thanks to Jodi I was able to release my fears about birth and I felt prepared, and even excited leading up to the birth of our daughter – and I was able to have the positive unmedicated hospital birth I had hoped for and welcome our first baby with confidence.